Craft Fair Success Tips
Here’s a quick look at some of the things that have helped me successfully sell products at craft fairs. For more goodies and know-how, read on!
- Your display is more important than your products and it is crucial to your success at craft fairs.
- Elevate banners, signs and lighting over your table to make if visible from a distance. EZFrame has a banner frame that can help
- Your booth should be free from clutter and visually appealing up close and from far away.
- Choose backgrounds and table coverings that do not distract from your products.
- Lighting is important! Evaluate each venue’s lighting on a separate basis and plan accordingly.
- Use unusual elements in your display to add visual interest and stand out from others around you.
- Don’t focus only on the front and center of your booth. People often scan around the perimeter when deciding to enter a display.
- Use signage tastefully and sparingly.
- Do not let people see supplies or other behind-the-scenes elements under your table. Use table covers appropriately.
- Once they’re inside, engage your customers’ senses by controlling the temperature, choosing some nice music, and using scent tastefully.
- Don’t shout at your customers or use pushy slogans. Invite them in with genuine, cheerful greetings.